Reading List for 4th Grade L. Arts Extensions

Talking Reading List for 4th Grade L. Arts Extensions

Hi. This is our first year homeschooling and I have made the switch to TML. I have a question about the reading list that is provided. Is the reading in with the lessons or are they located somewhere else for us to download?

I just want to make sure we are doing this right!

Thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome!

What grade are you working with? Are you talking about the reading lists in the parent login? Most of those are simply suggested reading . . . ideas for books on the topics your student will be studying. You can find other go-alongs yourself. The vast majority of required reading is online, as part of the student's lesson.

I'd be happy to look up a specific lesson for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I am having this same issue. I know some have said that the reading list is suggested reading but I have found that is not the case. My son is in the third grade and the reading is required to completed the LA extension assignments. The list has a column called excerpt status and some of those say provided but I cannot seem to find out where some of them are. Specifically for third grade we are looking for the Prose Edda and The Death of Balder for activity 3174 and 3175. I just want to find out where the "provided excerpts" are located.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! In Lesson 3174, on page three it says, "The Vikings told three different stories about where the world came from. Those stories are told in poems called the Elder Edda. The story here, told by Snorri Sturluson, is known as the Prose Edda. It combines all three stories."

Then, the story (the Prose Edda) is on page four and five, on the left, in a graphic that looks like a torn piece of paper. There are questions about each section of the story to the right of the "torn paper".

In Lesson 3175, the story is The Death of Balder. It is on pages 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the lesson and is labeled "Part One", "Part Two", "Part Three", and "The End".

Please let me know if you still can't locate this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!