Schedule Question
    jlm1611 is offline Junior Member

Default Schedule Question

My ds is doing 4-5th grade Math and LA arts this year to get caught up. He is doing 5th grade science and social studies. You can only default one schedule so what do I do? His 4th grade Math and LA are being done from 08/24-12/18 and 5th grade science and social studies from 08/24 - 06/03. Is there some way to get them all on one schedule?

andreaschreiber is offline Junior Member

I am also looking for an answer to this question. I just added Geometry and would like to add it to the schedule. But how do you do that without doing a new schedule, and if you do does that delete what she has done.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

jlm161, I think the problem is that your dates aren't the same. The fourth grade subjects and the fifth grade subjects will show up on the same schedule, but the shedule has to be for a consistent date range. Here is what I would do. I would generate two schedules . . . one now and one after December 18. I'd look at the lesson plans and write down the lesson activity numbers in science and social studies that were halfway through the curriculum. Then, I'd generate a schedule for the date range of 8/14 - 12/18 that includes the entire fourth grade math and language arts curriculum and science and social studies from just the beginning lesson activity number to the halfway lesson activity number. Set that as your default.

Shortly before 12/18, I'd generate another schedule for the December 18 through end-of-the-school-year dates and just put the lesson activity numbers for what's left of his fourth grade math and language arts curriculum on it. Set that one as your default for the rest of the school year.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Andrea, unfortunately you can't add to a schedule. You do have to make a new one if you want to add another subject, and the items he has already checked off won't still be checked off. (The icons will still be checked off within his student account, though.)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!