Scheduling Option does not appear on my Parent "Home" Page?
    puppytailesandsnails is offline Junior Member

Default Scheduling Option does not appear on my Parent "Home" Page?

Hi All! Newbie here, and understandably this may be a question for Technical Support (but it is Saturday, so I will ask anyone who has a minute to answer, lol!).

We just signed up our preK - k student this week and I am interested to get familiar with the parent tools this weekend, before we actually "start", but I do not see an option on the lower righthand side of my Parent dashboard "home" screen to access the scheduler - in fact that corner is just , *empty*.

Is the scheduler option not available for preK - K students? Is there anywhere else I should navigate as an alternative to access the scheduler tool?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! Looking forward to learning a lot here .

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pre-K is entirely different than the rest of the program. If you navigate to one of the K lessons, your experience will be more like that of the other grade levels in Time4Learning.

Log in to your parent account and click on Activity Scheduler to schedule K lessons. Here is a great article about using the Pre-K program.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

puppytailesandsnails is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Pre-K is entirely different than the rest of the program. If you navigate to one of the K lessons, your experience will be more like that of the other grade levels in Time4Learning.

Log in to your parent account and click on Activity Scheduler to schedule K lessons. Here is a great article about using the Pre-K program.
    I have gone back over the whole thing, including logging in as our child and the Activity Scheduler is nowhere to be found as far as I can tell, not even for the Kindergarten content. Our child's account , since asking that he be able to access the pre-school content (as his "below" year, in my mind) , shows all the content as accessible through:
    1) the Preschool GUI with PS1 (his "home" icon),
    2) a PS2 button,
    3) and a Kindergarten button.

I don't think he has access to 1st grade (as his "above" grade) anymore, which is okay for the moment ... but I mention all that to ask, was it maybe giving him access to the Preschool content that has created the glitch on my side?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry. It appears that neither Pre-K nor kindergarten use the scheduler. It has been a long time since one of my children used K, and it was before the Pre-K level was even available, so things have changed since then.

You will have access to the scheduler when you are using first grade lessons . . . I promise.

Since Pre-K and K use an entirely different interface than the rest of T4L, you only have access to lessons in that interface . . . the Pre-K lessons and the K lessons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!