Setting Assignments? And why does it keep logging me out?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruth_Lanton

Thread: Setting Assignments? And why does it keep logging me out?

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Default Setting Assignments? And why does it keep logging me out?

I've been playing around with the parent features of TFL today and yesterday, and finally got my son started this morning.

I figured out how to use the schedule thingie (I can't recall the exact name, and I'm finding it difficult to simply keep things open in another tab to refer to.) After some trial and error, I figured out how to schedule in "school vacations", how to get the middle school science set up, and my son decided which one he wants to do this year. So now I have the activity scheduler set up for the academic year, listing which specific lessons I want Jack to do each week.

He easily found the icon and it opened up the schedule for him to see in a separate tab. He didn't actually DO the lessons on the list, instead picking randomly from each subject, but I think that may have just been an in-house communication issue. It is, after all, just day one. So now he knows to look for the specific lessons I've assigned him rather than just doing things randomly. But he can't just go to that list of lessons and click on it- the schedule disappears when he gets to the place where he can click on activities.

There's also nothing listed in the "assignments" tab on the parent page. How do I put things in there?

Also, is there any easy way to navigate from the schedule thingie back to the parents page without having to keep logging in again every time?
    angeleyes1307 likes this.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Ruth. I actually print one week at a time from the schedule and have my kids check it off on paper. It's very easy to just use the Activity Finder to input the lesson activity numbers and access the lessons that way (or you can still have him follow the arrow).

When you are logged in as a parent, you should not have to keep logging in to work on the scheduler. (?)

The Assignments tab is designed to be used by schools and is not functional for individual use. Parents used to simply divide the number of activities by the number of days in their school year and tell their student,"Do two language arts, two maths, one science, and one social studies each day" or something like that. Time4Learning added the scheduler recently at members' requests.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

It just seems that I can't navigate away from the scheduler without clicking on the "time 4 learning" icon, which brings me to the main page and makes me log in again. It's saved my login data so I just have to click "log in" rather than having to type in my password each time, but it still seems an inefficient way to navigate the site.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.