Setting up T4L
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Setting up T4L

terbear1967 is offline Junior Member

Default Setting up T4L

Hello. I'm literally sitting here with squinty eyes, crazy, mad-scientist-looking hair and am really irritated. I finally got the scheduler thing figured out after going through some older threads. Now, I've stumbled upon a few other little tidbits:
    1. I cannot seem to find where we can get "help" figuring out what grade our student should be in for each subject. Our first-grader possibly needs 2nd grade math & LA, but we aren't 100% certain. At sign-in there was an option for assistance with this and I cannot seem to find it now.
    2. Where do we find out how long a lesson takes?
    3. Why can't I see the lessons he's going to be taking? Do I need to sign in as my child?
    4. Why isn't my child considered active?

Thanks for any assistance.
    (sigh)

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the giggle in your first sentence, even though you are frustrated.

There are a very few questions asked when you sign in, to help in placing your student in science and social studies. These mainly focus on how well he or she can read. If you have signed up for first grade, you will have easy access to the second grade curriculum by clicking on the little numbers in circles at the upper, right of your student's subject screen after he or she has logged in. We've found this to be the best way to get the level right (and some parents have their student switch back and forth between grade levels). Use the lesson plans, available in the right sidebar after you've logged in as a parent, to see what is covered at each grade level.

Lesson length will vary according to student response, so there is no way to determine exactly how long they will take. At first and second grade, the actual running time of most lessons is ten-15 minutes.

To preview the lessons, you will sign in as your student. Don't mark the lessons as complete. Here is info on how to preview: How to Preview Lessons on Time4Learning .

Your student's account should be set up within 24 hours of your signing up. Has that not happened? Where are you seeing that your child isn't considered "active"?

Have you logged in as a parent and read the material/viewed the videos under Getting Started?

I hope this helps some. Please let us know if you need more info.
    terbear1967 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Oh, you're wonderful! Thank you!!!! And you're welcome for the "giggle." I always try to laugh even through the tears. None of that, I promise.

I actually have another question while I have your ear. You know how the student clicks on the lesson plan when they're finished? Do they not do that with the quiz as well? I noticed for instance during some of his math that he took at least 5 quizzes and never seemed to finish. I noticed when he gets one wrong, the quizzes show up at 90% complete? Hope that makes sense.

I have viewed most if not all of the vids. Maybe I need to revisit them.

Oh and he is ACTIVE. I believe that was remedied after I received the email for him to proceed. Thanks for that.

Blog Entries

By "clicks on the lesson plan when he is finished", do you mean checking off the activities he finishes on the activity scheduler? That does not affect how they appear in the reports, which is where I think you mean they are showing up as 90% complete. It's just another visual aid, for him to keep track of what he has done.

If his quizzes are not showing up as completed in his reports, then they probably aren't being exited properly. The information on how to preview lessons that I linked you to, above, tells how to exit so they DON'T get marked as completed. Make sure he is doing just the opposite, so they DO get marked as completed.

If he gets one answer wrong on a quiz, he is likely receiving a score of 90%. Maybe you are looking at the score instead of the percentage complete?
    terbear1967 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Oh, okay! I was reading the report correctly. I guess because quiz after quiz after quiz kept coming up, I thought and we finally exited out because we got frustrated because there were so many quizzes, I thought maybe he hadn't finished. But yes, that is the amount of his score. I'm a dork.

TY SO MUCH!!
    Terri

Peter is offline Junior Member Newbie

Don't be irritated, Terbear. At least you found how to get the scheduler thing going. I have not been able to get through that impossible task yet.
    Do you have any advice on how to start this thing?
    Spent hours now trying to figure it out, but it appears T4L is so obsessed in telling the world WHAT it does, but forgot to tell HOW to do it?
    The guide: I need a more valid email address than the one I already have.
    Videos: I have watched a lot of them, but none explains how to start.
    Chat: so far, they have been "helping other parents" for the past two days.

Hoping you get an email notification on this thread and can help me out on where you found how to schedule?

thx

katinakoehler@ymail.com is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am new to this page. I need to know about the worksheets. Do we have to print them or are they on line. HELP!!!!

Blog Entries

Katina, most of the curriculum is delivered online, including questions and tests. There are some optional, printable worksheets. You can log in as a parent and look at the lesson plans to see where these are, or you can log in as your student and look for a link called Resource beneath lesson icons. Clicking on those links brings up the worksheets.