So Confused!!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: So Confused!!!

janetaferguson is offline Junior Member

Exclamation So Confused!!!

I created a weekly lesson plan, by that I mean gave it a title and created it. I went into this week and clicked on each part by Monday, Tuesday, Wed etc. I assumed that only the work I had clicked on for that day would be accessible to my son when he logged in, but its all still there?? When he completes a section and takes a quiz, it shows up in his portfolio, but when he clicks on gradebook it says no assignments have been made. I have never used a program like this before, in fact I have never homeschooled until now! I need help. What do I need to do, or what am I doing wrong!! lol. I'm so confused.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. The gradebook is only used by classrooms. Families use the student report. It's available within your parent login. It's also available to your student, under Portfolio.

All the work will show up. The plan you created tells your student how much of it to do each day. If you set the plan as your default, a tab marked "Schedule" should appear when your student logs in. Your student clicks on that to see what they should do for that day. They can either check off each thing as it's done on their schedule, or the schedule will automatically check off completed items once a day (in the middle of the night, usually).

I hope this helps. Do explore your parent login for more information.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yeah I am confused too! I do not see anything that says "schedule". I've set up the planner, customized it, made it my default, then she logs in and EVERYTHING shows up. When she logs in I see no "schedule" only "click here to start lessons"?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Vstinnett. The tab you are looking for has been renamed "Activity Plan". It as at the top left, after your student has logged in to their account.

Your child always has access to all the curriculum. The activity plan (schedule) just tells them what to do. Itls sort of like giving a student a textbook and telling them to read chapter four and answer the questions on page 98.

Here is everything you need to know about the Activity Planner.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!