Tests
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Tests

bodyhanger is offline Junior Member

Default Tests

I haven't been able to find "end of chapter" tests in any subject other than social studies. Is there no EOC tests for the other 3 subjects ?? Do I need to create my own ?? Thank you in advance.

Keith Eitelgeorge

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Keith. What grade level are you looking at for each subject? Time4Learning provides lessons in a variety of formats and layouts, so I need that information to direct you to the tests.
    bodyhanger likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I am also having trouble finding chapter tests for 7th grade math and physical science, middle school. I only see quizzes. Thanks for your help.

Staci Crawford

Sorry for the delay.....my daughter is in 7th

Blog Entries

Some of the newer lessons rely on frequent quizzes instead of chapter tests to assess the student's progress. In seventh grade, all but social studies is "newer". Since quizzes can be taken as many times as you like, if you feel you need tests, you could give the quizzes again at the end of each chapter. The questions will be slightly different each time a quiz is attempted, as several questions are drawn from a large bank of potential questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you.

AlexTaden is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you very useful information!

krisrawks19 is offline Junior Member

I have a question about the unlimited attempts at the quizzes... once they pass the quiz how do I delete her failed attempts so her average isn't destroyed

Blog Entries

The curriculum provided by Time4Learning was developed for use in public schools. The reports are designed to average all attempts. This reflects the usual "school" way of doing things, to avoid giving a student who scores well the first time the same grade as a student who requires more than one attempt.

As homeschool parents, we can use the information provided in the reports to calculate a score our own way. We can include just the best score in our average, only consider test scores when calculating a grade, weight test scores heavier than daily activity scores (by including them twice), or any number of other grade calculation options. Two teachers, teaching from the same textbooks, will each have their own way of calculating a grade.

If you like to keep hard copies of grades and reports (or if you need to do this to satisfy state requirements), you can make up a report card or transcript of your own to show final grades. Your homemade report card will have the same authority as Time4Learning reports, because Time4Learning is not a school and can not authenticate information provided in the reports. Reports are provided as a convenience for parents.

You can find high school diploma transcript templates at Let's Homeschool High School.com .