Their, They're, There, Are, Our

Default Their, They're, There, Are, Our

This is our first year using Time4Learning.

I am needing helping finding what grade level the lessons for:

The difference between There, Their and They're

And...

The difference between Our and Are.

We are having to re-teach basic English to our 4 children who attended public school. I have not been able to find these lessons by searching the Lesson Plans, but it's quite possible I just missed it.

Can anyone please guide me as to what grade, and what lesson, exactly, I can find these?

Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Here is some information about grammar lessons with Time4Learning. I'm not sure if any of them deals with the specific situation you describe, as that might be considered spelling.

You gave me a great idea, though, so maybe this will help you. We often recommend the free SpellingCity site to our users. You can enter your own spelling lists, and your student can play games with them. I went ahead and set up a spelling list that I named "Words Often Confused". I included there, their, they're, your, you're, two, to, too, our, and are. Your student can use it now to play games with those words, which is a really fun and effective way to practice. Once you see how that works, you might want to make some lists of your own at SpellingCity. It's a wonderful site to complement Time4Learning!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

What you are describing will be covered in the homophones section of language arts. The activity description does not say which words are covered in each grade, so do a quick preview of the homophones section and see what's there. It may be that you choose to have your kids complete the homophones section of several grade levels to cover all the words that are confusing to them.
    HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Thank you, to both of you!!! You've been a great help!

Sandranelson1968 is offline Junior Member

There's a great free game on VocabularySpellingCity that helps kids practice these words. They have homophones (sound-alike words) for every grade level!

Sound Alikes | Articles

christen is offline Junior Member

I am pretty sure we did the there's this year in fourth grade. There are a lot of homonyms covered. I have pulled things from other sources besides T4L so don't quote me 100%. Here is a free There, Their, They're worksheet I found online: There Their They’re Free Worksheets | The Homeschool Den I know I made up my own this year for to, too, and two (that one makes me nuts!). I think it is so sad how writing skills seem to be getting so neglected in PS these days.