Is there a setting that will make my child re-do a lesson if they fail a quiz?
    w8tn4him is offline Junior Member

Default Is there a setting that will make my child re-do a lesson if they fail a quiz?

I thought I saw that I could use a setting that would stop my child from going farther until they passed the quiz. He has gotten 20% in math quizzes and keeps going forward. Thank you in advance!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Time4Learning provides the entire curriculum, and parents must direct its use. It's like giving your student a textbook and only assigning certain pages. He could read ahead unless you were right there to stop him.

You can tell him not to proceed unless he gets a specified percentage on a quiz, but the program will allow him to do that unless you're watching. If you're looking in his portfolio and notice he has gone ahead despite poor understanding, you can assign the lesson and quiz again. That won't affect where the arrow points, but he can go back, click on it, and do it over as many times as needed.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

TxBrandi is offline Junior Member

I don't remember seeing any setting like that, but I would go to the "recent work" tab under "Student Records" every day at the end of the day (or as often as you can check on him). It will show the work done for that day and the grades. If you see an unsatisfactory grade, you can make him do the lesson again.

w8tn4him is offline Junior Member

thank you both! another question. do I grade his odessey hmwrk? and if so,how do I do that so the "n/a" becomes a grade?

JbigsTeacher is offline Junior Member

I have wondered the same thing about re-doing quizzes, AND the homework where they write or draw things... Still trying to figure this all out!

Blog Entries

The parent does grade the Odyssey Writer assignments. You click on the N/A to print and grade it manually. These are not included in the grade average, but you are always free to use the information in the reports to calculate a grade your own way.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Where do I find these Odyssey writing assignments?
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

Blog Entries

In third through eighth grades, the Odyssey Writer assignments begin appearing about halfway through the language arts curriculum. They pop up occasionally in other subjects. If there is to be a writing assignment, the Writer will automatically open when the student clicks on the lesson.

Before third grade, students do their writing in a program called Story Creator.

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Ah- so they just pop up automatically during LA assignments? I was hoping to have writing assignments separately so I could assign them on my own, separate from the time I make him do TFL independently.

Is there some way I can view these Oddessy assignments? Do I have to log in as him to view the assignments or can I do it from my account?
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.