Trying to figure out best way to schedule days off using Activity Planner

Question Trying to figure out best way to schedule days off using Activity Planner

I see where I can schedule full weeks off when creating my activity plan. Everything I read tells me to just not schedule a day during the week if we want it off, but what about weeks like Thanksgiving where we will only be doing two days of work that week? Is my son really required to do all of the work scheduled in two days?? What is the best way to handle these types of weeks? Thanks in advance for any help trying to figure this out!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trying to figure out best way to schedule days off using Activity Planner

Hi. Time4Learning doesn't "require" your child to do anything. You decide on the schedule, and the Activity Planner is a helpful tool. If we had a week where I only planned for two days of school, I would eliminate that week from the planner altogether and use those two days for review or catching up. If there was nothing needing review or catching-up (not likely! ), then I would save a few things from the previous week, go on a field trip, do some arts and crafts, and/or watch some YouTube videos that go along with what they were studying in Science or Social Studies.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Trying to figure out best way to schedule days off using Activity Planner

When this happens, I will schedule the whole week off. Sometimes the kids will pull activities from the next week to get a little ahead.