Trying to place a 5th and 7th grader mid year.
    esdward73 is offline Junior Member

Default Trying to place a 5th and 7th grader mid year.

I am trying to figure out the best way to start my kids in the program in the middle of the year. I don't want to overwork them or fail to accurately provide evidence of achievement.
    I know one option is to manually enter the subjects and activities in a detailed plan but I don't know everything that they have already done.
    I also know there are chapter tests that can be taken before doing that chapters work. I have found the quizzes at the end of each subsection within the chapters, but not the tests.

What should I do?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Understanding how the lessons are laid out will help you find the chapter tests.

Clicking on a subject icon (such as Math) is like opening a textbook.

You will be taken to a page of icons that represent chapters in the textbook.

Clicking on one of those takes you to a page of icons that represent lessons in the chapter.

Clicking on one of those takes you to a page of icons that represent lesson activities in the lesson.

Clicking on one of those takes you to an activity to do (which is what most people call a "lesson".)

Lesson quizzes are located at the bottom or very end of a page of lesson icons.

Chapter tests are located at the bottom or very end of a page of chapter icons.

Please let us know if this can be clarified further for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I'm starting my 7th grader in the middle of the school year as well and I'm trying to figure out where to place him. Should he start with the chapter tests to see what he knows, if I rely on him to tell me-he'll know everything. I want him to be prepared to potentially go back to school next year, so I really need to get this right and that he knows what he should.

Michelle

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Some parents have their child take the chapter test before doing the lessons in the chapter. If they score well on the test, they do not have to do those lessons. If they don't score well, they do the lessons in the chapter and tr the test again. (It will be slightly different each time it is attempted.)

Here is a webinar Time4Learning hosted about starting to homeschool mid-year. It was taped, and is on YouTube.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!