What to print for portfolio???
    TxBrandi is offline Junior Member

Default What to print for portfolio???

I was just wondering what things in the Time4Learning system would be good to print for a portfolio -or what things others enrolled here are including. We are a military family, so I want to make sure that I have sufficient evidence that we were thorough in the case that we go to a state that is more strict. But of course, I don't want to lug around unnecessary paperwork.

I just have one child at home these days. He is 7 and is in 2nd grade. We won't actually start until August, but I did have him do a couple of lessons just so we could see how it worked. I was thinking of printing the reports monthly (I like weekly, but it seems that monthly might save some space as it won't print the titles for each week) -the ones that show the date, grade and duration (Student Score Report).

This is what I have in the portfolio so far addition to the reports I will print:

-Local school calendar (so that I can mimic the number of days they have off and follow it for the most part -and it looks organized -like I am trying to make sure we are getting our 180 days)
    -Letter of enrollment (from T4L website)
    -Letter from local homeschool association stating that we joined (with receipt)
    -Spelling Word list for 2nd grade (from T4L site)
    -Language Arts Reading List for 2nd grade (from T4L) (I figure this shows different subjects or at least different things that have to be read)
    -Animated Science Lessons List -(T4L) -names some of subjects touched on so you can see that the program is well-rounded.
    -Reading Log -downloaded a blank one from the internet and made copies
    -Resource List -all of the websites that T4L suggested in their e-book and any other with educational games or learning for kids.

I want him to finish learning cursive (he started in a private school in 1st grade, but is a little rusty since they wouldn't let him use it when we moved to another state and a public school) -I'm assuming I should put copies of his handwriting practice sheets in there (to help show where we spent some of our time).

Anything that I am missing that would be helpful if they wanted to question what we were doing? Or is all of that overkill?????

Does anyone print and save the activity planner? I don't know if that is necessary to make my case or not. I don't mind printing it -except it's at least 2 pages per week, so the binder might end up thicker than necessary (times how many ever years we do this!).

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

A portfolio is highly personal. It sounds like you are doing a great job! TIme4Learning has prepared a page about homeschool portfolios that you might be interested in: Homeschool Portfolios - Student Record Keeping - Time4Learning .

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!