Algebra 1 question
    cappuccinomom711 is offline Junior Member

Question Algebra 1 question

Good Morning,

I need some opinions about Algebra 1, High School Level. Is this Algebra at the same level of public school? Others seem to think that my daughter is in the same level (with Alg 1 on the T4L program) as a higher grade Math course in High School. I was just wondering what you thought about this. My daughter's friend takes Geometry in public school, and she said they haven't covered some of what my daughter's Alg 1 course includes. This has left me confused, because I assumed they were all at the same level, homeschooling "and" public school.

Also, I was wondering, is it standard to take Alg 1 in 9th grade?

Thank you so much for your help.

Have a great day,
    Capp Mom
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us
    that dragons exist, but because they tell us that
    dragons can be beaten."-G. K. Chesterton

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! I can't speak for whether it's the "same" as public schools...if you wanted to double check, you can view the algebra I lesson plans (in your parent admin account) and compare them with your state's math standards.

My son took Alg I in 9th grade, as did I when I was in 9th grade. That was more than 20 years ago, but still...I took it in 9th. Geometry was in 10th grade, Alg II in 11th. I believe it was pre-calc my senior year. My son is following the same plan. Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!