• 1 Post By katshu2
  • 2 Post By cappuccinomom711
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 2 Post By GeminiBay
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 1 Post By cappuccinomom711

Thread: Any advice on tracking grades

Default Any advice on tracking grades

The Progress report tool works very well, but we give our kind that opportunity to improve. So the activities of the week reflect the re-test. But the progress reports indicate the old score. From what I have read, this is expected. So I was wondering if anybody has suggestions on alternative tracking. I was thinking a spreadsheet if all else fails.

TIA
    Don
    cappuccinomom711 likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have seen My Homeschool Grades come highly recommended...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

cappuccinomom711 is offline Junior Member

I have that same question! Thank you for posting that. I used a different program last year, and where I like T4L sooooooo much better, I have to admit, I liked having the grades average out for me on our last program. I am not sure how to go about this either. I especially need this information for my monthly progress reports I need for our portfolio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    capp mom
    bailbrae and alwaysinhistime like this.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us
    that dragons exist, but because they tell us that
    dragons can be beaten."-G. K. Chesterton

Blog Entries

The reports that Time4Learning provides will take all scores on quizzes, and will average them. So it won't take JUST the first score or JUST the best score, but the average of all of them. For some people, that's fine. For others, they only want the better of the test/quiz scores. If you fall into that category, you can take the reports that T4L provides, and recalculate the average on your own, using only the scores that you want.

Or, you can use an alternative grading option like My Homeschool Grades.
    Katie

GeminiBay is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have used http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/ for both lesson planning and grading since I began to homeschool my children. It is free and fairly user friendly. There are video tutorials provided to help you learn some of the features of the program. You can create school years, semesters within the school year and assign students to each year you would like to plan. You are able to easily run reports on each subject, generate report cards for each of your students at any time, and create transcripts for high school record keeping and college applications in the future. There is even a database of user contributed lesson plans that you can use as a template for your student.

Once you have entered in the lesson plan for your course, and decided how to weight your grades inside of the individual subject, you or your student can log in and record the completion dates for each assignment. Once an assignment is marked off as complete, the teacher can then input the grades. From there, it is very simple to do very accurate progress reports for your students. It does have a small learning curve, but the videos are really helpful in getting you past that.

Another great feature/tool is the school calendar. You can schedule breaks and days off and it will automatically calculate and recalculate your school year end date and all of the assignments in your lesson planner. When you or a student logs in, it will show a daily schedule for you to complete. If you are unable to do all of the work that day, you can simply not check it as completed and the program automatically reschedules it for the next school day. I find it particularly useful since I use additional curriculum and like to include grades for the odyssey writer assignments and authentic tasks that are not calculated by T4L, but by the parent/teacher of record.
    bailbrae and cappuccinomom711 like this.

Blog Entries

Thank you so much, GeminiBay, for chiming in with that great info!
    Katie

cappuccinomom711 is offline Junior Member

Thank you soooooo much GeminiBay for the link for the tracker! It's awesome! It has helped me tremendously!

Thank you also, bailbrae for you help! I appreciate it so much!

Have a great day,
    capp mom
    bailbrae likes this.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us
    that dragons exist, but because they tell us that
    dragons can be beaten."-G. K. Chesterton

blkmarkettrans is offline Junior Member

i know this is an old thread but....how do you get your info into the http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/ ? like assignments...

BooneMom is offline Junior Member

Where does it give the average? I just see the list of completed work with a grade.