Can you skip lessons?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jbenjack
  • 1 Post By Ruth_Lanton
  • 1 Post By Nanz

Thread: Can you skip lessons?

jbenjack is offline Junior Member

Default Can you skip lessons?

My son is a 12 grader and also has some cognitive processing issues, we are using T4L for the first time this year and have recently started the English 4 portion which includes "Macbeth". Now even I have a hard time understanding that! I don't feel that it it of utmost importance that he learn this. Is there any way to skip over videos and lessons without having to watch the in their entirety?
    dgshackelford likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't think you can skip the videos only, but you can definitely skip entire lessons. They won't be marked as completed, but for many families, that isn't a huge deal.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Even if you can't "skip" a video, you can let it play with the speakers turned off (or a set of earbuds plugged in and not in anybody's ears) and walk away from the computer while it plays. The computer doesn't know if the video is being watched or not!
    bailbrae likes this.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

Nanz is offline Junior Member Newbie

Sure you can skip it. We might skip a novel I don't care for and replace it with something else. You might run into some trouble when he does the chapter test though, as Macbeth will probably be on it.
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nanz View Post
    Sure you can skip it. We might skip a novel I don't care for and replace it with something else. You might run into some trouble when he does the chapter test though, as Macbeth will probably be on it.
    Thanks so much for chiming in! Great point, about what you skip being on the chapter test. If you are averaging your own grades, you can account for that wrong/incomplete answer when you calculate your own grade for the test...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!