Chemistry Testing

Default Chemistry Testing

My 11th grader is doing Chemistry and in taking the quizzes she is finding the test questions are not covered in the lesson material. Anyone else notice this? Is there any advice on how to get her through this without failing the tests that are apparently poorly designed with the lesson material? We are getting a little bit frustrated.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sometimes the material on the quizzes/tests are from prior lessons, rather than the lesson they just went through. It helps to retain concepts.....

While I am sure it's frustrating to see a poor grade, remember that you don't HAVE to use the T4L grading system. If your daughter takes a quiz twice and does much better the second time, you can always just use the best score. T4L will average the two, but you can keep your own average, and just use the better score. I hope that made sense, lol.

If it's something you really don't think has been covered before, or you want to ask T4L about it, they have a wonderful customer service team that you can contact: Contact Time4Learning
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

shagues is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are new to home schooling. I'm in the Navy and just transferred here to Maryland. My son entered 10th grade after we arrived and struggled at school partly because of not dealing well with the new environment.
    He loves gaming and wants to be a professional gamer someday so we signed up for home school for him in late November.

I am working on my real estate license and also realize I don't have tons of time for this. My wife is from the Philippines and is going to help. I need some advice for helping him to be successful with this.

Thanks

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello shagues, and welcome! Definitely poke around the other boards here and see what questions have been asked and answered, and ask your own questions too! Also, here is a great How to Homeschool ebook that you can download for free. Good luck! Keep us posted and feel free to ask ANY questions you have!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!