Duration report not accurate??? Input please!
    erindroid is offline Junior Member

Default Duration report not accurate??? Input please!

Question. Daughter has been doing Physical Science and she is beginning Chapter 14. There are only 22 chapters. Assuming these last 8 go at same pace she will have only logged approximately 45 hours for the entire course - going by T4L time logging. I feel we need 120 - 180 hours to consider a class to count as 1 credit. So is this course that short or is time tracking off somehow....that is what I'm trying to figure out.

I'm kicking myself repeatedly for using T4L only to track this time. I think, and she does to, that she has spent more time than that on Science and the other classes as well.

If a student is logged in to T4L is all their logged in time recorded? Because we think that maybe it isn't now.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello! I don't know that I can definitively answer this for you. My understanding of the high school science courses, are that they are 1 credit each (semester courses count as 1/2 credit, full year courses count as 1 credit). Yes, generally 120-180 hours of work is calculated as 1 credit, but the thing with T4L is that you work at your own pace. So, the 22 chapter course might be, as an average, 120-180 hours, but your daughter is progressing quicker than that average.

Personally, I am counting each full year course as 1 credit for my 10th grader.

I don't know that that addressed your concern as far as time logging, but you are always welcome to contact the T4L admin offices/tech support. Their customer service is excellent. You can use the contact form on the website, or you can call them at (888) 771-0914.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!