English I

Thread: English I

morningmaniac is offline Junior Member

Default English I

Hi, I've been looking at the plans for English I and would like to hear some opinions from other parents about it. Are you pleased with the literature selections? It looks like mainly excerpts and short stories, and a lot of Odyssey Writers. Is there enough actual writing instruction to go with them (I have a struggling writer)? Pros/Cons? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance. Lee

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Lee,

I am posting your question to our main Facebook page so you can get more responses.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

tdbonney is offline Junior Member Newbie

I too have a struggling writer. We are coming back to T4L for HS after using different curriculums. My son hated having me grade his writing assignments last time we used T4L, and to be honest, neither one of us ever got the hang of the Writing Odyssey program. Because I still feel that writing is fundamental to his high school success, I decided to go a slightly different route and not use the Odyssey writer. Instead I am going to use My Access Home Edition. I am going to use the same assignments posted for his English I requirements, but by using My Access, I can create the assignment for him to do, he does it, submits it, and it grades it for me! It will also walk him through the steps to improve his writing as well. Through the end of April it is also on discount through homeschoolbuyersco-op.org if you want to check it out.