English II course question
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ChristineE

Thread: English II course question

ChristineE is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default English II course question

My daughter is currently taking the English II Course and it has 433 Activities init ... for her to complete the course in 9 months she has to do 10-14 lessons a week and there are a lot of odyssey writer activites in there ... which I dont think they should have to do so many essays, as she has always done a fantastic job. She attended FLVS Fulltime for the first half of this year and we just switched to Time4Learning and even with FLVS she only had to do a couple of essays ... Between world history and English II the odyssey writers are crazy ! not to mention the grade doesnt even get into the system its just on paper. Any suggestions on how to complete enough of the course to consider it done without so many odyssey writers ? also is there a way to tell what percentage of the course is completed ? Thank you !
    MommaKnows, PBrat4 and dalloway99 like this.

MommaKnows is offline Junior Member

I have this same question! My son uses a course from Compass Learning through the school and a couple of Time4learning courses. The Compass only course shows the percentage of course completed, right there at the bottom center of his work screen. Why does Time4learning not show this, when it IS COMPASS???
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineE View Post
    My daughter is currently taking the English II Course and it has 433 Activities init ... for her to complete the course in 9 months she has to do 10-14 lessons a week and there are a lot of odyssey writer activites in there ... which I dont think they should have to do so many essays, as she has always done a fantastic job. She attended FLVS Fulltime for the first half of this year and we just switched to Time4Learning and even with FLVS she only had to do a couple of essays ... Between world history and English II the odyssey writers are crazy ! not to mention the grade doesnt even get into the system its just on paper. Any suggestions on how to complete enough of the course to consider it done without so many odyssey writers ? also is there a way to tell what percentage of the course is completed ? Thank you !

peppermintmochalatte is offline Junior Member

Same question for me, thanks for asking it.
    I ended up either picking an Odyssey from each lesson, or having my daughter pick one of her choice. There is just no way we can keep up with all the Odysseys. Maybe some can, but it's not working out for us to do that many.

lac.ddclc is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by peppermintmochalatte View Post
    "Same question for me, thanks for asking it.
    I ended up either picking an Odyssey from each lesson, or having my daughter pick one of her choice. There is just no way we can keep up with all the Odysseys. Maybe some can, but it's not working out for us to do that many."

Same here. It became overwhelming for both of us. I ended up letting him choose one Odyssey Writer assignment from each subject each week.