High School
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: High School

Heather Rains is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default High School

Hello!

I am inquiring to see if there is anyone has received any High School information for the New Time4Learning High School Courses..

Look forward to hearing from you and finding out more information as we are deciding on what we are going to do for our High School Student next year.

Thank you!
    Heather Rains

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Heather! Here is some information about Time4Learning's new interactive high school courses. I am moving this post to the new high school area here on the Time4Learning parent forum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Heather, Here' some of the highlights. Most importantly, sign up on the homeschool highschool list so that you get the information as soon as its available!

High school courses will include:

• English: English I, II, III, and IV
    • Math: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry, and Pre-Calculus
    • Science: Biology, Earth/Space & Physical Science, Chemistry, and Physics
    • Social Studies: US History I, US History II, World History, US Gov/Civics, and Geography
    • Electives: Health, Economics/Personal Finance

Here are the answers to some questions you may have about the new high school curriculum.

How much will the high school courses cost? High school membership will be $30/month per student and includes 4 high school courses. Additional courses may be purchased for an additional $5 per month, per course. While having one student in the high school will enable you to receive the discounted rate of $14.95 for a student in the lower grades, there is no discounted rate for a second student in the high school.
    proud2Bgreen likes this.
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

HeatherLst is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am very interested in the high school coursework. I have a gifted eighth grader who will be beginning to homeschool this year. Per his algebra teacher from last year, he is ready for high school geometry and algebra II coursework. I also believe high school history as well. But I believe eighth grade language arts and science will be appropriate for him. Will we be able to move freely between the high school and middle school curriculum like with other grades?

Hsmom82 is offline Junior Member Newbie

HeatherLst, I am also wondering about whether or not you can go from High School level to the Middle School level freely too?! Hopefully, we can. My son is like yours as he is in multi grade levels. I am just glad that T4L has some higher level courses now. Last year, I had to go through some place else for his Math. So, glad I can now just use this program for everything again, going to be much easier on the both of us. Idk, I guess worse case scenario is to buy both I mean it is only an extra $15 a month. I don't really want to, but I also don't wanna do what we did last year either.

txtesez is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi there,

I am considering the high school course, even though $30 seems so much lol.. We had used T4L in her earlier years and then she returned to public school for awhile. We used Switched on Schoolhouse last year and while her grades were great, I"m looking for something more engaging. The problem with T4L way back when was some of the questions were trick questions and even I would help her and get them wrong the first time, or sometimes a second time, giving her not so good grades. I want to know as in SOS there are three chances of getting answers correct, of course most questions have multiple choice and several options.

So, I am wondering if T4L has changed and that if the student makes a 'bad' grade (fails the lesson) has the option of a redo of the lesson to improve the grade?

We have DSL and also had DSL then but back then sometimes videos just would never load. On the demos I tried today they loaded very quickly, has there been improvements on this as well in the last 4 years?

I am impressed with the live teacher videos and I really hope when I show them to her she likes them and will reconsider T4L.

Pashta is offline Junior Member

Only $30 a month with LIVE teachers on video? That actually sounds like a fair price. Are there AP classes or gifted classes? My high-schooler is in 12th grade and is taking at least one AP course.

Blog Entries

Recognizing that some students may not be ready for a full high school curriculum, you may substitute any eighth grade courses for a high school course when you register your student. High school enrollment is $30 for four complete, year-long courses and five dollars for each additional course.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Pashta, I was quite pleased with the price, too. Even high school text books are very expensive.

None of the courses are specifically designed to be AP work, except for the Algebra class that 6th through 8th graders can take instead of "regular" math. Despite their fun presentation, my bright daughter is finding the high school courses to be plenty challenging. Some of them begin with a lot of review and "easy" stuff, but they quickly progress to more challenging work.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Txtesez, when it comes to grading for my high schooler, I put all grades into another program. If they get something wrong, that I'd like to give credit for, I just do so in the other program. Once a week, I print out grades and enter assignments and grades so that it will create a complete transcript.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast