High School Writing Assignments
    AnnCS is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question High School Writing Assignments

Hi, I'm an experienced college professor, but new to Homeschooling. We just started tonight, and I'm confused by my daughter's first writing assignment for English III. From reading the assignment and looking at the rubric, it looks like it's asking for a multi-paragraph essay. But there was so little information given in the lesson, we don't see how she could write more than one paragraph. We're guessing that the rubrics are generic, but that the writing assignments vary in lenght. So the rubric says things like "each paragraph" to make it easier to use with the longer assignments. Is that the case, or are we missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.

smithmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AnnCS View Post
    Hi, I'm an experienced college professor, but new to Homeschooling. We just started tonight, and I'm confused by my daughter's first writing assignment for English III. From reading the assignment and looking at the rubric, it looks like it's asking for a multi-paragraph essay. But there was so little information given in the lesson, we don't see how she could write more than one paragraph. We're guessing that the rubrics are generic, but that the writing assignments vary in lenght. So the rubric says things like "each paragraph" to make it easier to use with the longer assignments. Is that the case, or are we missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.
    We just started this week and this was the question I was coming to ask. Did you come up with an answer?

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnnCS View Post
    Yes, the Rubrics are generic so they can apply to all writing assignments.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie