Homeschooler wanting to go back to a public Highschool
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MeyerAcademy
  • 1 Post By vjones98

Thread: Homeschooler wanting to go back to a public Highschool

MeyerAcademy is offline Junior Member

Question Homeschooler wanting to go back to a public Highschool

Hi,

I am new to the forums, so this might have been asked before. My son told me that he would like to go to highschool, he said he misses being with peers. What would I need to supply to the public school in order to enroll him, we are in NC. My concern is that he is easily distracted and most likely will not stay on task. I would like to keep him in homeschool, any suggestions what I can do to keep him motivated and give him the sozializing aspect of a public highschool.

Thanks in advance on any input....
    schaefmom likes this.

If you haven't already enrolled him back in public school, id check in your area for a home school group or co-op, some co-ops even offer sports and it gives home schooling kids a change to interact with kids their own age and not feel isolated
    MeyerAcademy likes this.

Have you looked into enrolling him in a few classes at the public high school? or maybe some clubs or sports associated with the high school? My 16 year old daughter will be homeschooling for the first time joining her two younger siblings) and she wanted to take chorus and driver's ed. She is allowed to do so in our state and our district is being very good about helping us create a schedule that works for us.
    Hope this helps!
    Susan