language courses
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By teachforgood
  • 1 Post By madmarsha

Thread: language courses

Default language courses

what source are you utilizing for a foreign language?

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Deb!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but for some strange reason your post didn't show up for me until now.

Letshomeschoolhighschool.com has a curriculum directory that might help you. They also have a parent forum where you can post this same question. Parent Forum
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

teachforgood is offline Junior Member

I use Duolingo. DD tried Live Mocha for a while but the amount of language choices was too overwhelming. Duolingo is newer, has a better interface and you can basically leave your kid alone with it and know they will learn.
    jpenn likes this.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Great to know. Thanks for sharing. I know Vocabulary_Fun (includes up to 12th grade) has free games for Latin, Spanish, and German.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

I have used Rosetta Stone homeschool for Latin and Spanish with my now 8th and 10th grade sons. We attempted Korean but became frustrated with the program and voice recognition. I recently found Online language learning courses | Foreign languages online - Mango Languages and I think that would be great for learning to speak a language conversationally. I plan on using it for Japanese and Russian (useful languages to use with tourists here in Guam).
    bailbrae likes this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by madmarsha View Post
    I have used Rosetta Stone homeschool for Latin and Spanish with my now 8th and 10th grade sons. We attempted Korean but became frustrated with the program and voice recognition. I recently found Online language learning courses | Foreign languages online - Mango Languages and I think that would be great for learning to speak a language conversationally. I plan on using it for Japanese and Russian (useful languages to use with tourists here in Guam).
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!