Middle School vs High School
    Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Default Middle School vs High School

My son is currently in 7th grade, so he'll be in 8th grade next school year. Since there is no 8th grade Social Studies option, I'm considering maybe signing him up for high school next year, while still selecting 8th grade for some subjects, such as ELA. Has anybody else done that?Also, for anybody who's used both the high school and the lower levels of TFL, how do they compare? Is it a large increase in the amount of work involved? Are the high school lessons as interactive as the middle school lessons? My son has problems with reading comprehension, which is the primary reason I selected an online curriculum in the first place. Will the high school lessons still meet his needs?
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

Hi Ruth,

Yes, that's true about the social studies... Using both the highschool courses and 8th grade sounds like a great plan, plus if you pay for high school you get 8th grade free!

The high school lessons have a real teacher teaching them, with interactive exercises. Not as silly as the younger grades, but still fun!

The high school lessons are great, and should still meet his needs.
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS