Prom and graduation
    biggirl41 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Prom and graduation

I was wanting to know how would my daughter who has been doing time 4 learning for 4 years now go about going to a prom and also when the time comes doing graduation? Also if i was to decide to put her back in public school what all would i have to do. She is 17 and doing 3 rd grade work. We live in oklahoma city. Would appreciate any information i can get.

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

Hello,
    Below are a few websites that may be able to help you with some of your questions. One link has a list of homeschool groups in Oklahoma. They may have more info on local graduation and/or prom events for homeschoolers in your area. As far as returning to public school, I would contact your local school board to find out what would be required to do so.
    https://www.home-school.com/groups/OK.html
    Home School | Oklahoma State Department of Education
    Homeschool Spring Formal
    Tulsa Homeschool Happenings | Connecting Tulsa area homeschool families with news, events and community
    Proms for Homeschoolers in 2014, High School Prom, Prom-Dance Locations. | A2Z Homeschooling
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS

Bertha is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by biggirl41 View Post
    I was wanting to know how would my daughter who has been doing time 4 learning for 4 years now go about going to a prom and also when the time comes doing graduation? Also if i was to decide to put her back in public school what all would i have to do. She is 17 and doing 3 rd grade work. We live in oklahoma city. Would appreciate any information i can get.
    It sounds like you are considering switching schools in order to incorporate a prom?
    Well,
    Prom night is usually a night when a fine lady gets into trouble with the boys, then what will you do?
    Perhaps her father can rent a tux, and you can buy your daughter a prom dress, and have the two of them go to the most expensive restaurant in town. This may turn out to be a terrific bonding event. For Plan B, enlist the services of an older Cousin to proxy for the father. The Graduation event should be the entire Christmas family and a very large restaurant, showering her with bouquets of roses and a ceremony of awards.

I found this in your location, perhaps it will work out?

• Castle Falls
    This pick gives us something just a bit different. Castle Fallas presents European-influenced cuisine in a beautiful castle setting. Visitors can eat in a rustic and casual cellar or on the Primrose Level, complete with lanterns and linens. Prices are reasonable and the food unique, a place to try for a romantic night.
    Features:

- Catering and Party Hosting Available
    - Garden Dining
    Information:

- Address: 820 N MacArthur
    - Phone: (405) 942-6133