Question about odyssey writer
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Question about odyssey writer

sojourne is offline Junior Member

Default Question about odyssey writer

My son is working on history I. One project in the odyssey writer has us stumped. In the activity Absolute & Relative Chronology, it says to make note card by pressing something that looks like ' ', but we have no idea what that symbol is. We tried the quote marks on the keyboard and such but no dice. I didn't see anything on the tool bar that looked like symbol. Any help would be appreciated.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Is it wanting you to quote (") something? The Odyssey Writer activities are not graded through the T4L system, those are graded by the parent, so if you can't get it figured out, it won't *technically* be incorrect.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The confusion is because the instructions are supposed to say to click the "+" sign to add a note card, and they left out the plus. I will report this. I'm so sorry!

If you log in as a parent and access this lesson through the lesson plans, there are pictures of what everything is supposed to look like. Your student clicks the notecard icon (which looks like a rectangle with lines on it). A toolbar pops out from the left and he clicks the big plus sign each time he wants to add a notecard. This is a really nice feature, if an error in the instructions doesn't get you started off on the wrong foot. Again, so sorry!
    bailbrae likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sojourne is offline Junior Member

Thanks. He was getting really frustrated since this is his first week getting homeschooled.

kristenf327 is offline Junior Member

The Odyssey Writer is pretty clunky. I just have my daughter do all the OW assignments on our google drive using google docs. I've found a lot of typos and strange wording in the OW assignments, so I rewrite them and put them on the drive as well. Sometimes I skip or change them to suit our needs. It makes things a lot easier for both of us!

HELP!!!! kristenf327 - I agree that the OW is not ideal (to say the least). I am trying to skip the OW assignments in World Geography, but when my child takes the final chapter test, it won't recognize that she's taken it. More frustration!! I just want to do our own writing assignments and skip OW altogether!! But now she can't even finish the course because of the unrecorded chapter tests and it's costing me money while we try to figure it out. Can anybody help?