Secondary Language Arts?
" "

Default Secondary Language Arts?

Can you please tell me what language arts materials your secondary students are using. What do you and your student like or dislike about them?

Are they online, workbooks or other?

Default Re: Secondary Language Arts?

Hi, there - this is the forum for Time4Learning, so that is what we use. You can find out more info about the language arts here: https://www.time4learning.com/scope-...ce/index.shtml

Are you saying that all forum members use only Time4Learning online material? Let me rephrase the question:

What secondary language arts materials have you tried and what what did you like or dislike about them. Why have you chosen Time4Learning? Do you supplement T4L with any print materials?

Default How do you like T4L Language Arts?

Could any of you tell me what lead you to T4L. What do you like best? Least? What else have you (or do you still) use? Especially for Language Arts.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, Time4Learning's language arts is probably the best part of the curriculum. I was drawn to it during a busy time in my life, because it eliminated my needing to sit down with a stack of workbooks to grade every night. We stuck with it even after things calmed down because it's just really, really thorough. Phonics in first and second grade provides so much practice, and my older kids have loved the literature based units in middle and high school. There's a whole lot of material . . . more than we can use in one school year . . . so I've enjoyed being able to pick and choose.

This year, I went through the high school lesson plans and chose JUST the Shakespeare lessons for one of my daughters. I love being able to customize courses like that (although we have just done things in sequence before, too).

I've added Easy Grammar workbooks to drill grammar skills and some Evan Moor Daily Practice workbooks for review. I chose those because they are inexpensive, focused, and don't take much time. We usually do two eight-week Time4Writing courses per year, too. We use Spelling City for extra spelling practice and to generate handwriting worksheets.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!