Testing out
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rebeccastone3

Thread: Testing out

sethjaylat is offline Junior Member

Question Testing out

My highschool senior has a few classes to redo, i would like for her to just test out of the classes is that acceptable? If she can just do the tests to show that she knows the information without doing the lessons that would be great because she is behind and needs to start applying for college soon.

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

As a homeschool mom myself, if I feel as if my child knows the material, then that is exactly what we do. There is no need to waste time on material that they already know in my opinion.
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS

Hi, I was browsing the forum and saw your post. I'm trying to understand but was wondering what it means to "test out"? Does this refer to the Regents exams or other exams required for college entrance? Thank you so much.

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

"Testing Out" means just that, to test out of what ever class you are taking. Of course, to pass, you will need to know the information.
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS

HOw do they go about testing out? Is there a specific place here for them to test on each subject or is it elsewhere? Thanks !

I am also curious how to go about testing out. I currently have a 2nd grader using T4L. My 9th grader is now switching to homeschool and i am considering T4L for him. He was in all honors classes in public high school. What i am trying to figure out is if he selects AlegebraII and then is able to test out will that count as a high school credit?

To Test Out of a Course or Subject: Just go to the Final Test for that Subject/Course...Take the test...If you score a passing grade, you have completed the course.
    alwaysinhistime likes this.

Default How to Test Out of a Course or Subject

You will need to go to the final exam for that particular course or subject. Have your student take the exam and if they pass, then they have passed that subject or course.