Time length per course
    Tracydev is offline Junior Member

Default Time length per course

Hi All

Just wondering how long it would take to progress through a course like English I? Could a child do English I and English II in a school year? I know this depends on a lot of things, like what other courses they are taking but just warned to get an idea. Do they suggest a certain length of time per course or is that up totally up us?

Thanks!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! I think the "suggested" time per course is a year...pretty average, lol. Having said that, I think that how quickly they progress is totally up to you and the high schooler. My son is going into 10th grade and he's wanting to take two science courses (in addition to one english, one math and one history). I do believe that you can update each course on it's own, so if the end of the year rolls around and your student is done with everything except English II, you could move them up to their next course in the other subjects while they work on completing English II. I hope that made sense...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

exploreenglish8 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Time length per course

Quote Originally Posted by Tracydev View Post
    Hi All

Just wondering how long it would take to progress through a course like English I? Could a child do English I and English II in a school year? I know this depends on a lot of things, like what other courses they are taking but just warned to get an idea. Do they suggest a certain length of time per course or is that up totally up us?

Thanks!!
    Explore English offers various English courses such as Business English courses, English for academic purposes, General English course, PTE academic preparation courses and IELTS preparation courses in Melbourne, Australia

visit exploreenglishedu