What are the ramifications (if any) for me to remove my 16 yr old from school system
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Leta

Thread: What are the ramifications (if any) for me to remove my 16 yr old from school system

nadiabasir69 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default What are the ramifications (if any) for me to remove my 16 yr old from school system

I am new to homeschooling and will be utilizing the assistance of tutors as well as taking on some of the instruction myself for my 11th grader. I was advised to possibly remove my son from the school system to avoid the tedious paperwork and district requirements. I am planning to continue with the educational curriculum as planned and pursue our local community college for his legal High School Diploma. What are the ramifications, if any for doing this?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome. As far as legal ramifications, you would have to check the New York homeschool laws. I can't give legal advice or tell you what you should do, but personally...I think it sounds like a good plan.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Leta is offline Junior Member

I agree. To me, homeschooling is the best way to educate your child these days. I'm in VA, so I don't know about the laws in NY. I suggest checking out this link for starts. It looks like it could be a good place to find answers.
    bailbrae likes this.