1st year homeschooling!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 1st year homeschooling!

I'd like some examples of how to start your morning.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That's kind of vague. Perhaps if you could be a bit more specific we could help you more. I also think it depends on the age of your child. My son likes to sleep late. When he wakes up he doesn't like to eat or think about anything. He usually starts with an hour or so of mindless video games. Then he is ready for breakfast and to do his school work.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

We're also new to homeschooling but I think our routine will go something like this: Wake up at 8:00. Get dressed, eat breakfast, play with siblings and/or watch a little TV. 9:30 - 10:00 Math. (My daughter HATES math, so we'll get it out of the way early.) 10:15 - 11:45 Social Studies, Science, LA or History depending on the day. 12:00 - 12:30 Reading/Writing. Chapter book of her choice for reading (she's in 3rd grade) and journaling to end the day. We'll eat lunch after then play outside or work on an art project, listen to music, bake, play cards or a board game, etc.

Blog Entries

That sounds like a great plan.

Roeina is offline Junior Member Newbie

I will be homeschooling our youngest child for the first time. Prior to being diagnosed with Leukemia he was at a public school in our area. He now is in remission and ready to begin somewhat of a normal life. I am very nervous to begin. He has gotten use to sleeping late and doing what he wants. Our biggest help is his sister still attends school and has to maintain a schedule. We live next to the coast so I am hoping we can do some educational and enjoyment at the same time. I am hoping once things get on track and he learns a schedule we will be on track. Hopefully, the same will be for you.

Blog Entries

I'm so happy to hear that your son is in remission. My 11 year old also likes to sleep late. We just start our day later than other people do. It works well for us.

juju is offline Junior Member

First day on homeschooling. Very excited and extremely nervous on homeschooling my 9 year old (4th grade) daughter. It will be a trial and error on coming up with a daily schedule that will work for us. Looking forward to a great journey!!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Parent Forums juju. It's so nice to meet you. Yes, there is a bit of trial and error in coming up with a schedule that meets your needs. Unfortunately this is not something that someone else can do for you. We are here to support you in any way we can so please let us know how you are doing. Sit back. Take some deep breaths. And enjoy the journey.

AutismMOM0508 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I actually use a PEC system for my daughter because she has autism. So for the PEC system we use Get up, shower, get dressed, brush teeth, breakfast. Then i bought a chore list from the Dollar tree.
    Mon- Math, English, LA extension, and social studies.
    Tues- English, Math,LA extension, and spanish or spelling.
    Wed-Math, English, reading(lap book, and youtube video), and science.
    Thurs-No school
    Fri-Math, English, Reading, Science, and Journal.

I do science on Wed and Friday and Journals one day a week along with social studies one day a week.I do 4 subjects a day only and teach 4 hours a day, no more than 5 hours. I give breaks as well. i dont do too much because then it will be too much for them to take in plus stressful. We want homeschool to be fun and good for learning.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums AutismMom0508. It's so nice to meet you. We also alternate days for science and social studies. It helps to change things up a bit. With my son I have to do frequent breaks throughout our school time. His attention span will just not tolerate a full day without lots of breaks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast