6th grade basic science- help

Question 6th grade basic science- help

My daughter is homeschooled but we started mid year. So instead of going straight to where she was leaving public school , we went back to the basic science -
    she is struggling so bad. Just staring at the screen frustrated. I'm thinking about just skipping and going straight to middle school earth science. I'm just out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We also tried the parrot program for it to speak instead of her reading and it messes up all the time -
    i am at a loss.
    Kris-

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Kris. Welcome to the forums. There are a few things you could do in this situation. One of them is indeed to move on to Middle School Earth Science. You could drop back to fourth or fifth grade science. You can try a few lessons in fifth grade by clicking the box at the top of the page that says 5, 6, 7. To drop back to fourth grade you just go into the parent login and change her grade level for science there. You need to find the way that works best for your child. Peedy the Parrot was great a few years ago. However, it does not work well with most modern computer systems. There are numerous free ereaders online that you could download to read the lessons to your daughter.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lisayvonne is offline Junior Member

Hi Kris~My child has been using beestar science. It is curriculum-based from 1st grade to 8th grade. The program is full of all real life world problems, challenging stuff to help kids thinking - some of them make my daughter think or is a great opportunity for me teach advanced concepts. Hope this helps!
    Lisa

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I just noticed your comment about Peedy the Parrot messing up a lot. It does not seem to like most operating systems now days. There are a lot of free reader programs you can download. I used Natural Readers for my son. It helped him a lot when he was struggling to read.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota