accreditation

Thread: accreditation

momof4 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default accreditation

Hi, I am new to homeschooling, I had just started homeschooling my three children and we love it. I was told that if the school isn't accredited that it is not recognized by the district or colleges. Does anyone know if this is true? Thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Each state has its own requirements for homeschoolers. Where do you live? Time4Learning has information specific to some states.

Each college has its own admission requirements. Some require only test scores (SAT, ACT, etc.). Some require a high school diploma from an accredited institution or a GED. Many (like my eldest son's college) accept a parent's homemade homeschool diploma or a student's portfolio of their high school work.

Most colleges now accept students with homeschool diplomas, included Harvard and Yale (who actively recruit home educated students).

Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school. It is a tool to be used for education, much as a textbook would be. It does provide many extras that you don't get from textbooks. My favorite is that it grades the work for me!

As a new homeschooler, you might be interested in Time4Learning's Guide for New Homeschoolers.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!