Is anyone using T4L with HomeLife Academy?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Is anyone using T4L with HomeLife Academy?

Michele Lehane is offline Junior Member

Default Is anyone using T4L with HomeLife Academy?

I am thinking of using an umbrella school with my homeschool program since we are military and change locations a lot. I was hoping it would "cover all the bases" no matter where we live. I have tried e-mailing them to see if T4L is accepted as a curriculum (we use several others also) but I have not received an answer. Anyone else using this?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with that umbrella school. Hopefully someone else will chime in here. Many military families go by the rules of their home state. That way you don't have to keep changing the rules as you move around.
    Robin likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

http://www.dodea.edu/foia/iod/pdf/02OD002.pdf

It looks like the laws change depending if you live on or off the base.If you live off base you have to follow the area you live in laws.So some foreign countries you might get in trouble for homeschooling. If you live on the base that service the school provides will be accepted. You will still need to attend mandatory testing and turn in grades through the school you register with and will not attend. Registration is required attendance is not from what I understood. I understand they encourage you to use the schools facilities even if you are not in attendance.
    It has all the on there for you to check up on it.

Reading further I started reading bits and pieces of USC chapter 20 and you can also claim private schooling for a child with special needs.However you would need a letter saying that the school can provide for your special needs childs the education services to meet the requirement of that need.20 USC § 1412 - State eligibility | LII / Legal Information Institute

Blog Entries

Sounds pretty complicated to me. Have you tried posting over on the military families forum? They may have better ideas for you.

Deskmom1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Michele,

I am a counselor with HomeLife Academy. We have many military families that register with us to maintain all their records. We accept any curriculum that parents decide is best for their students. This freedom of choice, as well as available counselors and our own grade reporting program, makes HomeLife Academy a great option. My email is [email protected]. I'm happy to help with any specific questions you might have.

Blog Entries

Thanks for answering that question Deskmom.

Michele Lehane is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much!

Blog Entries

I'm glad someone could answer your question.