"Certified Person"??
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    BonniesMama1975 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default "Certified Person"??

    Hi! I'm so glad I found this site and the helpful forum! According to WA state law, I need to have my daughter "supervised by a certified person" if I'm to home school her. Where on earth do I find one of those? Thanks so much!

  2. #2
    fairylover's Avatar
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Blog Entries


    First of all, this only applies if you do not have 45 college hours or have not completed a course in home based instruction. Your best bet if you do not meet either of these requirements is to ask at local homeschool events. Most homeschool groups have a list of certified teachers who are willing to work with them. My daughter lives in a state that requires a supervising teacher. her local homeschool group gave her a list of names to choose from. It's really not as hard as it seems. I would suggest that you check out the Washington Parent Forum for more information on this. There is also a list of resources in Washington in the third post on the Wasington forum.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts