Combining My Father's World with T4L after new baby
    davidmendez5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Combining My Father's World with T4L after new baby

Hi all, we just had our 6th child a month ago and I am not able to get school done. We used time for learning as an add on to my father's world and now I am trying to do time 4 learning for the basics and use my father's world for bible, history, ect. Has anyone else done this? I little nervous switching but I don't have too many choices besides for public school and that is the last thing I want to consider. We did the switch today and boy was my day easier. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Filitsa

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I've not used my father's world. When I was too sick to do a lot of school work we just used time4learning. Then as I recovered we used more and more outside activities. We would much rather go on a field trip than add more book learning. But you have to do what works best for you and your family. If you find it too overwhelming, back off a bit. The baby won't be young forever. Another thing you might want to consider is videos. We did some of them when I was sick as well. There are a great many wonderful videos out there like Magic School Bus and Leapfrog.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

arosenhan is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have used My Father's World for the last 2 years, and have loved it. It was exactly what we were looking for. However my husband wanted to find a system that had a better record keeping system because we are moving to another state, and they require more specific records to be kept. So, we have started using Time4Learning for the basics, and My Father's World for extra on-hand things that the kids really enjoy, but we do not necessarily have to keep track of. So far it is working great! Good luck with the new baby!

Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know about OFW. Good luck on your move.

flyinglow is offline Junior Member

Hello, I also just started using T4L as a supplement with My Fathers World too. My daughter is 7 and she loves it. It's nice for her to be able to do it on her own a little. I know that MFW requires a lot read alouds, which can be very time consuming. Best of luck to you.

Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know about the reading Flyinglow. I have no experience with that program at all. We lucked into time4learning five years ago and have not used anything else. It works for us.

flyinglow is offline Junior Member

You're very welcome! I have to say, I do love My Father's World and T4L has really helped free up a little me time. hehe I used T4L a few years ago, I think 4 years ago...for my son that is now in 9th grade and uses strictly MFW, Teaching Textbook, Student Writing Intensive, and Apologia. He out grew T4L...haha
    Arlene

Wife, Mom, Teacher, and Best Friend to my Husband

Our humble home includes: 2 kids, 3 dogs, 6 chickens and 2 fish

Blog Entries

I'm so glad it is working out for you. There are so many curriculum choices out there that it can be mindboggling.