Frustrated... Please Help Very Confused for My 3rd Grader...
    teetia2 is offline Junior Member

Default Frustrated... Please Help Very Confused for My 3rd Grader...

I have two boys using time4learning,.. One is 1st grade and one is 3rd grade. we have been using now for 2yrs and have really enjoyed it up till now... The LA extensions to me for a 3rd grader is insane.. I did not use words like they have on it till i was in 6th or 7th grade.. I myself could not even do a test on it.. i got a 50% Is it required to do the LA extensions or can i use another resource.. Im not gonna pressure my child into such overloading words,,, Very upset that they would expect a 3rd grader to do such work... Please Help... Thanks...

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Teetia. I'm sorry to hear that your son is having so much trouble with Language Arts Extensions. First of all, no, it is not required that you do this part of the program. You are not required to do any part of the program. However, I would encourage you to continue working on it. If you r son is having trouble with the third grade program, maybe you should move him to the second grade level. My fourth grader is still working on second grade LA extensions. It is an important part of the program because it deals with different parts of learning language than Language Arts does. The most important thing is that you do what is best for your son. Only you can make the best decision for your child.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

teetia2 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Fairytale.. I have decided to go back to second grade level in the La Extension... Thanks again..

Blog Entries

I really hope that helps. It's working for my little guy.

tbsmom2000 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Kathi,
    How do you use an level 2 grades lower? My son is repeating 6th grade but would do better in the 4th grade math. This is where he struggles and the 6th grade math is to hard for him. I tried to find out how to do even lower levels, but I am just not figuring it out. Thank you!
    Anna

Blog Entries

Go into the Parent Login. Then bring bring up your student. You can change his grade level there if you want to make a permanent change. To try going down just one grade level you go up to the top of the page on the main math page. It should have a 5,6,7 at the top of the page. Click on the 5 and it will let you try those lessons temporarily.