Guidance for tablets?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Guidance for tablets?

brill is offline Member

Smile Guidance for tablets?

Dear folks,
    I find on this forum that Homeschool moms are using kindlefire or nook tablets for homeschooling their kids.As I live at a place where no English books libraries can be found so want to buy a cheap tablet on which I could be able to download English classics for my kids.so I want recommendation that kindle or nook tablet for running t4l,online library and watch online videos and also PDF files can be opened.
    I compare both on net and found nook tablets specifications better than kindle's?rest you people guide me which one is better to buy and does downloading of ebooks is free on these devices?And does these devices will run in Middleeast?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have the Kindle Touch. It does not run videos or do time4learning. I don't really know anything about the others. I know that you can use an Ipad to do time4learning. But they are much more expensive. The Kindle Fire does allow you to watch videos. As far as downloading books you can get a lot of classics for free from Amazon.com. I belong to two different email lists that send links to free books every day. They are all available through Amazon.com. One of those lists is called Pixel of Ink. I can't remember the name of the other one. You could do a search for Pixel of Ink. Hopefully someone else will post who has more experience with other tablets.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Oremom is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have an IPad, we are not able to run time 4 learning on it.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Apple does not allow their products, including iPhone and iPad, to support Flash based programs like Time4Learning. Someone got around that by creating an app that runs Flash, so I'm able to use my iPad with T4L on a regular basis. The two apps I use are iSWiFTER, and the more kid-friendly Rover. Both can be downloaded from the app store. They are basically browsers that you use instead of Safari to access the Internet when you intend to use Flash. Time4Learning runs great on my iPad 2 using those apps.
    mom43k likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

brill is offline Member

Thanx for replying....
    Do you people also have Kindle fire ?And can T4L run on this device successfully ?
    I am planning to buy this as it is cheaper than IPad ,so pls. verify me...........

Blog Entries

I don't have the Kindle Fire. I hope someone who does have it will respond. It would be good to know for future upgrades.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have no experience with the Nook, but Time4Learning runs just fine on the Kindle Fire. I wrote this article about Time4Learning and Tablets, which explains what to do if you have difficulty running T4L on Kindle Fire.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

Thanks Kelly. That's good to know.

Syele is offline Member

the Android OS works with Time4learning too. My daughter uses a Google TV box (logitech revue) to do lessons from the couch sometimes, and I have logged in to check things on my android smart phone as well, so the TV is an option as well as Android tablets.

brill is offline Member

Thanx for your inputs.Has anyone samsung galaxy tab 10.1 ?as i am outside US so no use of kindlefire.i want samsung galaxy tab for t4l ,e reading n online videos

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast