Guidance for tablets? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Guidance for tablets?

brill is offline Member

Can i get kindle free ebooks on samsung galaxy tab in Canada?

jlizardi is offline Junior Member Newbie

Get the rover application and enjoy

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I know you can download Kindle for your PC in the US. Don't know how it works in other countries. Let us know how it works out.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

hokuomeakeae is offline Junior Member Newbie

please help me out
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Apple does not allow their products, including iPhone and iPad, to support Flash based programs like Time4Learning. Someone got around that by creating an app that runs Flash, so I'm able to use my iPad with T4L on a regular basis. The two apps I use are iSWiFTER, and the more kid-friendly Rover. Both can be downloaded from the app store. They are basically browsers that you use instead of Safari to access the Internet when you intend to use Flash. Time4Learning runs great on my iPad 2 using those apps.

hokuomeakeae is offline Junior Member Newbie

hello I have tried to type in the suggested apps on my iphone and both rover and iswifter do not come up on my iphone (newest version) to download... Im deciding whether to use time4 learning w my 9 year old as a complete curriculum mabey supplement w spectrum books and I cannot buy a new laptop or computer as we just bought one for my daughter and her homeschooling . please help me figure out how we can use the ipad!!! I am about to purchase the ipad only if we can get these apps downloaded for this

Blog Entries

Maybe you could talk to someone at the Apple store to get their recomendation. I know some users have used the iPad with Time4Learning. I couldn't get either program on my iphone either. But perhaps they will work on the ipad. Only the Apple people could tell you that.

mom43k is offline Junior Member Newbie

I downloaded Iswifter & Rover to run on Ipad. Rover says the website is blocked and the website Im trying to access is not a Rover partner? Also says to upgrade the ap for $4.99?

Iswifter loads T4L then shows a little ! in a triangle in the top left corner and freezes. Also says to upgrade for $7.99

Any ideas to get it to work?

Blog Entries

I am so not that computer iterate. All I can suggest is that you talk to people at the Apple Store.

capitalkid is offline Junior Member

Default iPad App

I don't know if it has been brought up, but instead waiting for apple to allow flash, which by the time that happens everything will run on HTML5 anyway, it seems like a more plausible idea that T4L get an app in the app store for those who are subscribers on here.

just for statistics sake, 81% of tablet owners are iPad owners. That leaves 19% for the rest of the tablets out there. so, should an iPad app get made that would cover the majority of tablet users out there.

we have an old windows xp computer, and 2 old linux machines in our house, and we just upgraded our son to an iPad Air a month ago. The graphics are magnificent. The interaction is just so tailored to the individual. There just isn't any going back. There are lots of apps on the app store that are educational, but they aren't a centered curriculum like T4L.

If T4L were to get in the app store this would likely help with sales as well for the curriculum market. We have been a member for 4 years now, but unfortunately if they don't catch up and get a an app out there we will be leaving T4L. The technology on the iPad is just too good.

Alternatives for curriculum for the iPad are discovery streaming education, which if you belong to the Homeschool Buyers Co-op can get you significant savings over having to buy it off the street.

Just my 2C-

Capitalkid

Blog Entries

That does sound like a good idea Capitalkid. I don't know if it is doable or not but I will mention it. Any tablet that is capable of using Flash should work for time4learning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast