Guide me guys!!!!
    brill is offline Member

Default Guide me guys!!!!

Hi all,
    I am abroad and my kids are using T4L, beside other workbooks.
    If we make a portfolio of my kids school work will that be helpful if I need records in the future? We use Time4Learning, and I save and print out weekly reports based on the work each child has done.
    What are your recommendations for using t4l portfolios for high school in USA or Canada(Penn foster/VLC/ILC)?Would it work?
    Waiting for prompt reply.....

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I have a nine year old. We have used time4learning since preK. As he finishes each subject in a grade level I print out the report for that subject and grade level. I keep these reports in a folder so I have a record of the work he has done. Where we live there is not reporting so I don't need any records. I just feel more comfortable having them. Time4learning does not offer high school at this time so I am not sure how you would use it to creat a portfolio for high school. You may want to check the forums for 6th through 8th grade. The parents in this forum are getting ready for high school so there is some discussion about getting ready. What reports do you need to follow for the laws of your state/country?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brill View Post
    Hi all,
    I am abroad and my kids are using T4L, beside other workbooks.
    If we make a portfolio of my kids school work will that be helpful if I need records in the future? We use Time4Learning, and I save and print out weekly reports based on the work each child has done.
    What are your recommendations for using t4l portfolios for high school in USA or Canada(Penn foster/VLC/ILC)?Would it work?
    Waiting for prompt reply.....
    Are you asking if a T4L elementary portfolio will help your children enroll in a traditional high school in the US?

In my area, it is my understanding the public school doesn't care what you did in K-8. They have to take you. OTOH, once you begin high school at home it is difficult to switch to public high school. Our county has students attempt to test out of whatever classes they took at home. If the student passes the public school final, then he receives credit for the course.

Entering private school at high school level typically requires an entrance exam regardless of what you curriculum you used.

Does that help?
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Mandy. I hope that answers the question.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota