Happy Holidays

Thread: Happy Holidays

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Happy Holidays

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with all the holiday planning, parties, end of the year activities. Anyone have any particularly stressful things they want to unload, I mean share about.

I hope you all have the very best of holiday seasons whichever holiday you celebrate.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Hey, Kathi-

Well, it's mid-year and I am considering coming back to T4L next school year (fall 2014). So, I am perusing the forums on our break.

The winter holidays are always stressful. Every year I wish I could just skip ahead to January and the normal routine. lol

Anyway, oldest ds was sworn into the Navy last week. <sigh> His departure date is a long way off, but he will be joining their nuclear program. It requires the highest test scores of any program available to enlisted. He is excited, but I am not sure how I feel about it. I am still processing. This just isn't what I imagined him doing... ever. Also, the military scares me. I wouldn't choose it.

***UPDATE***
    (NOT CANCER- the pathology results say no cancer running other tests for odd things and need to see more dr but have ruled out lymphoma he has some lymph nodes that have apparently been swollen since summer but the week before Thanksgiving was the first I heard of it and the first time he went to a dr about it no idea what is going on)
    My second ds is home from college where he is still studying computer science, but right now he is having a major health issue and will be put under to have a biopsy on Wednesday. I don't think the serious possibilities hit him until we were sitting in the general surgeon's office today. Other than our immediate family we aren't telling family over the holidays.

My mom is already crying over the oldest leaving for the Navy and how this might be the last Christmas we all spend together. (pretty silly when you consider that she is the only practicing Christian at the moment, so currently none of us care. actually my oldest will be delighted to skip it. huh maybe that's why he joined the Navy.) She might loose it if we tell her about middle ds.

I am absolutely, literally sick to my stomach. However, on the ultrasound today nothing had gotten larger and it may have even shrunk, and the general surgeon pointed out that really bad things don't often get smaller. So, I am now cautiously hopeful that the biopsy will be good news.

So, next week I must go out of town, see people, play happy, and pretend life is wonderful. It is just exhausting thinking about it.

holidays=yuck
    Mandy
    Last edited by Mandy in TN; 12-20-2013 at 08:46 AM. Reason: update

Blog Entries

Oh Mandy. I can hear your pain in this. I will be thinking about your son tomorrow. Hoping for the best. Paint on that happy smile for your trip next week. Then reward yourself with a nice bottle of wine at the end of the day. We will survive this month of December. May 2014 be a year of rich blessings for you and your family.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Update above
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Blog Entries

That is wonderful Mandy. I'm so glad you got happy news before the holiday. Have faith that the rest will work out as well.