Have you hired a tutor?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KarenBridges

Thread: Have you hired a tutor?

nicole_corso is offline Junior Member

Default Have you hired a tutor?

Hi)
    The thing is I am sure that homeschooling is the right choice for us. However, I am also sure that I will not be able to help my kid with math, chemistry and physics. I do not remember all that stuff.
    What would you do in this situation? And do you have experience with hiring a tutor?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Have you hired a tutor?

I've never hired a tutor. I have enjoyed learning right along with my kids . . . but I tend to be a little "weird" that way. If they get "stuck", I'll do the lesson myself, and then I know what they are learning. The older kids have helped the younger ones sometimes.

When they turn 16, I enroll them in our local community college. They take the entrance exams and then, if there's an area where they need more work, there are pre-college classes designed just for that. A couple of mine have taken those for math.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jese.beard is offline Junior Member

I once hired a tutor for my kids and she was great. She teaches my kids so many things. I thank her a lot.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

People often say things to me like, "Oh, I'm not smart enough to homeschool my kids" or "I could never teach my kids algebra". I tell them that homeschooling is about DIRECTING your child's education . . . not about doing it all yourself. I rely on classes at the local community college to fill in any gaps once my kids are 16, and we take advantage of community art classes, science classes at the nature center, sports through our parks and rec, and so forth.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

KarenBridges is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    People often say things to me like, "Oh, I'm not smart enough to homeschool my kids" or "I could never teach my kids algebra". I tell them that homeschooling is about DIRECTING your child's education . . . not about doing it all yourself. I rely on classes at the local community college to fill in any gaps once my kids are 16, and we take advantage of community art classes, science classes at the nature center, sports through our parks and rec, and so forth.
    This, plus the immense scope of self-paced courses available online, including the subjects from a traditional academic curriculum!