HELP!! Burned out homeschooling mom!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Strouse House
  • 1 Post By Joyfulmama

Thread: HELP!! Burned out homeschooling mom!

wbutler2015 is offline Junior Member

Post HELP!! Burned out homeschooling mom!

I am burning out and find myself having those thoughts of sending them back to the public school. I don't ever want to send then back, but I lost my spark. How do you find time for yourself? What do you all do to get through these moments.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First stop and breath! Sometimes we all forget to breath. Even if we are standing in the middle of a house full of mess we sometimes need that reminder to just breath.

We have all been there at one time or another. Did you take a break at the holidays? If not I would take one now. Being in the cold weather (snow) it can be harder to take a break. But do fun things even big kids will like to do. Like build forts. I have two 15 year olds in my house and they love to build forts, for their little brother and sister *wink wink*
    Try some hands on learning (science experiments) or just relaxing and doing read aloud while they play legos or play dough.

I will pray for your family for answers.
    journey00 likes this.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

wbutler2015 is offline Junior Member

Thank you Strouse House! Your right about not taking a break after the Holidays. Then I overwhelmed myself with preparing for Taxes.

Joyfulmama is offline Senior Member

I agree...take a break! Taking a break doesn't have to mean they aren't learning either. Schedule a fun field trip locally. Often when I start to get like that I pull out all of board games or all of our art supplies. As far as me taking a break as a mom I try to every evening. I am well known for taking an hour long bath (ahem aka hiding) with a good book and strict orders to DO NOT DISTURB!
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Ashley987654 is offline Junior Member

Yes we can manage home schooling kids. My son is being home schooled from last 4years but i don't have any issues with him because i have told him to study by himself and also told if he feels tough any time call me i will be there to solve those. If he gets any trouble with the site or anything he call's me then i will rectify. I will help him in assignments. If i really had a work and i say him to manage himself, he does. But home schooling is the best option don't them to public schools. We know how are the public schools these days.

schoollife123 is offline Junior Member

Once I started Time4Learning, it started getting much easier for me. I am still right there with my kids but I'm not actively teaching one, helping another on a problem, checking tests/work, etc. all at the same time. T4L has taken so much off of my plate. I still check their work every day and make sure there isn't anything they aren't understanding and then work on that together. Ugh, that last sentence really didn't make sense but you get what mean. On a positive note, our public schools are done with the school year in 17 actual days. We school year round but I always think I can take it a little easier when the public schools aren't in session. Yes, I agree with all the other posters, take a break!!!!!! Figure out how much more schooling you have for the rest of the year and try to figure out how much longer you would have to school after your break so you have something to look forward to. I can bet any money that pretty much every public school teacher thinks this same thing (burned out) at this time of year. I wish you the best and keep posting if you need more support!!!!

Ashley987654 is offline Junior Member

Yes, schoollife123 you are right, children doesn't need everyday push back for leaning. Checking their work everyday is enough and making an analysis over that is important, that shows what is the growth in your child education. Yup taking a break is like skipping out of the responsibilities as a mother, be a teacher to your children while their studying and don't think of taking a break, if a public school teacher thinks about taking a break because she has burned out with the kids then what will be the situation. Never rush away when you feel like this. Try to overcome it and give your child a happy and successful learning.