HELP I need info on how to get my homeschooler state tested?????
    cookiemami is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default HELP I need info on how to get my homeschooler state tested?????

I have looked online and even called the christina school district about getting my daughter tested to see what grade level she truly is and all I get is the run around.Im new to all of this so please some one HELP!!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

As far as I know the only time your school district would test your child is if she were returning to school after a period of being homeschooled. There is no testing reguirement in Delaware. You can do a Google search and find lists of "What my second grader should know?" Or whatever grade you think your daughter should be in. If you are using Time4Learning as a homeschool curriculm you could start at the grade level that would correspond to her age. Then if the work is too easy, move her up a grade. If it is too hard, move her back a grade. Some parents just work through the chapter tests for a while to see where their child stands. There are assessment tests that you can purchase online. Again, a Google search should bring up a list for you. Or you could try one of the sites that tutor children like Sylvan Learning Centers.

There are so many variables in this question. How old is your child? Has she been in school or is she just starting out?

Since you are so new at this I would suggest that you check out the Delaware Parent Forum. Just go to the drop down menu at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on that and then on your state. You will find a lot of state specific information there. You might also be able to connect with other parents in your school district.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

thoward is offline Junior Member Newbie

Visit the Christian Liberty web site. They offer Pre testing as well as CAT testing for only $25.00.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks thoward. That's good information to know.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota