help new to homeschooling
    nickaloden is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default help new to homeschooling

I'm in the livingston parish area. I'm looking to for a private home schooling for my 11 grader. I'm looking for a home based school that has the curriculum for you, send paper work and books that contains your work. Or a public school that's does this/ or online schooling for a high school diploma. Wanting him to be able to be accepted in to itt or technacial schooling. Here in louisiana. Please help with any information you may have.

Thanks for your time

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickaloden View Post
    I'm in the livingston parish area. I'm looking to for a private home schooling for my 11 grader. I'm looking for a home based school that has the curriculum for you, send paper work and books that contains your work. Or a public school that's does this/ or online schooling for a high school diploma. Wanting him to be able to be accepted in to itt or technacial schooling. Here in louisiana. Please help with any information you may have.

Thanks for your time
    You should probably ask this in your state forum. All states are different and this is a very state specific question. I live in TN, so what I would do here would not be helpful for you there.

Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

As Mandy suggested your state forum is the best place to start with this kind of a search. You can go to the drop down menu at the top of this page that says State Forums. Click on that and then click on Louisiana. Another great resource would be Let's Homeschool Highschool. More and more colleges are accepting and even recruiting homeschooled students. It might be good for you to check with the college he wants to attend and see just what they require for admissions. Then you can gear his studies toward that.

There are also many online or correspondance programs out there. Laurel Springs is one I can thing of. But I know there are others. If you google correspondance schools or distance learning I'm sure you will come up with some.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota