How do I edit & remove too many Lessons- HELP!!!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: How do I edit & remove too many Lessons- HELP!!!

MaK
    MaK is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face How do I edit & remove too many Lessons- HELP!!!

I didn't know how to plan my sons' Lessons. He only had 20 days left in his school year when medical problems encouraged homeschooling. I went OVERBOARD with Lesson planning, Our county is now out for summer break & he still has lessons because I messed up. So now, I don't know how to delete the un-needed ones. I like this program, but I found it so confusing & I was lost in trying to pick up where he left off in the classroom. Since it was at the end of the year, his class had already taken their CATS (or equivalent) test & was just left to do mostly "piddle" work. Can anyone help us? Thanks.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Many times the lessons repeat themselves. You can just skip those duplicate lessons. I know in Language Arts Extensions this happens a lot. They will read a story to you. Then read the story with you. Then you read the story. Usually my son will only do one of these and skip through to the lesson with questions about the story. When you print off your final grade report to include in your portfolio those skipped lessons will not show up at all. They will not count against his final grade. If you think your child has already covered some material you can skip those lessons as well. What I do is have my son take the final test. If he passes the test he obviously knows the material so I see no need for him to do the busy work just to say he completed all the lessons. No one is going to check to see if you did every single lesson. That is one of the great things about homeschooling.

It's not going to hurt him to do a few lessons over the summer so he can complete the material if you decide to go this route. There will be days when it is just too hot to do much or when it is raining and you can't go outside. Those are great days to do extra school work.
    lilislandmama likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

lilislandmama is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much for this answer!!! I am "attempting" () to organize our 2013-2014 Homeschool year and I have been staring at the 2nd grade Language arts extension program, asking myself how to break it down for my son. We will be supplementing with other things so I didn't want him to have too much on his plate. Now, I know I will only keep the "read to me" and "read by myself" and such. Your input has lifted a weight off my shoulders and I really appreciate it!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I know. It can seem so overwhelming at first.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota