Journal and Diary writing importance
    LovenMyGirls is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Journal and Diary writing importance

What are your thoughts on the importance of journal writing? I know it is important to give young people a way to express themselves in a non threatening manner. It helps keep them healthier and allow them to deal with issues that concern them...what are your thoughts?

54321 is offline Junior Member Newbie

i wonder about that because my child could use some help writing.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

This is a great question. I think journal writing can be a great way to express your feelings and to help you sort things out. Especially as our children begin to transition into tweens and teens and then young adults. Life can get so confusing at this time and journaling helps them sort through all that. I think it is essential for everyone whether a child or an adult. Some people start when their children are very small and have them draw pictures of their day to help them begin the process of journaling. As they get older they can add words to the pictures.

LovenMyGirls I would like to invite you over to the New Jersey Parent Forum as well. It's a great place to discuss things with other parents in our state.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota