Lessons
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Lessons

chrissy06 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lessons

I was wondering how many hours other parents did a day? How many lessons do you do? I have just started and am trying to set up a schedule to follow.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

There are so many variables in this question. How old is your child? Are you involved in a lot of outside activities? Do you work inside or outside the home? Do you plan on completing on year's curriculum in one year or would you like to get through it sooner?

If you log in under your parent login and go to the bottom of the page you will find the activity planner. You enter the work you want to get done and the time frame you want to complete it in. The planner will give you a schedule that you can print out. This will tell you how many lessons in each subject you need to complete each day in order to reach your goal.

For my son we work on two to three lessons in each subject on the days that we don't have a lot of outside activities. But we have lots and lots of activities that we are involved in. Since these are all learning experiences I count them as actual school time. Also the driving time in between them. Like one day next week, he has a class that is 45 minutes away from 10 to 12. Then he has another class that is 20 minutes away from the first one that goes from 1 to 3. Then 45 minutes in another direction he has a third class that is from 4:30 to 5:30. We will pack a lunch and snacks to eat in the car in between classes. We will not do any work from our curriculum that day. But he will learn how to make glass beads with actual hands on practice, see a glass blowing demonstration, learn about the democratic side of the election process, and learn about mechanics using legos. So it will be a very educational day without the curriculum.
    Laina'smom likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota