Museum Field trips
    StaceyQ is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Museum Field trips

Field trips to museums provide great educationl experiences, engagement for students and hands-on workshops. Check local museum websites to see what is offered for your students!

StaceyQ

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Great idea. Check out your state forum to to get more ideas on field trips in your state.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

MeMa is offline Junior Member

Saturday September 27th is Free Museum Day Live! Each year, Smithsonian Magazine partners with museums across the country to present Museum Day Live, where you can visit participating venues for free. If you go to Smithsonian.com you can click on visit for free on right side under “Most Popular” and learn more about it. Have a great day!
    Me, the kids, the dog and the chickens.... Oh and a whole lot of books.
    I smile every day, but some days, life smiles at me and it's a darn good thing. LOL

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
    W. B. Yeats

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

My public library offers free museum passes, good for up to 4 or 6 people, depending on the pass. Once the Jewish holidays are over, I'll reserve passes to various museums (the children's museum, the air and space museum, etc.) and take my son there. I prefer to to on our own, so we can see the museums at his pace, rather than going with a large homeschool group that likely includes much younger children.

It can be hard to get the museum passes, since they're so popular- but since we can now request the passes for school days, we should have an easier time obtaining them.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.