Newbie here!

Thread: Newbie here!

Lka83 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie here!

Hello,

I am homeschooling my two sons, my oldest, 12, has ADD and is delayed in math and language arts. He's not motivated to do much of anything, unfortunately. My 8 year old is a much easier child to teach.

We've signed up for the two-week free trial, and so far, so good. Except that my older son wants to just look at the pictures in each lesson, listen to the animations, and then tell me he's done. Sigh.

This is our 3rd year homeschooling. We're currently using a virtual academy, but it's just not a good fit for my 12-year old, and I'm beginning to feel too stifled by it with my 8-year old as well.

I hope this is the curriculum that clicks for both of them!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Welcome to Time4Learning and this forum!

I thought you might want to see this information about using Time4Learning with a child with ADD. I imagine you will find Time4Learning's flexibility to be a refreshing change.

Keep in touch, and let us know how it goes.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi There, (((Waving from Florda)))

I just wanted to say Hello and welcome. My name is Mary and I'm Mama to four boys. Two of those boys have delays. My oldest has ADD and my 11 year old has CAPD (processing issue's)

Time4Learning has been a PERFECT fit for them. I shared some of my tips in another thread that I have found works really well for them.

http://time4learning.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696

I hope these help!

Blessings,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Lka83 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you for both the welcome and the links to the tips! My 12-year old told me today that he liked T4L better than anything else so far, so that's a good sign!